The Hand in Hand Blog Digest (HiHBD) debuted on April 6, 2009. Since then, the blog has been read by 4,035 unique visitors representing every U.S. state and 97 other countries and territories. The top visiting countries (in addition to the U.S.) are Japan, Canada, Germany, India, Hong Kong, Slovakia, United Kingdom, Australia, Argentina, South Africa. The top visiting states are Illinois, Minnesota, Pennsylvania, Wisconsin, New York, California, Iowa, Texas, Ohio, Washington.
Subtracting the index pages, here are the top Hand in Hand Blog Digest posts from its first year. What are your favorites?
- Move over Easter bunny… (Thabor Lutheran, Wausa, Neb.)
- YAGM Class of 2010
- Green church (Denmark)
- A Maundy Thursday reflection (Palestine)
- Early rains and “Easter egg” bugs (Nigeria)
- The blessing of seeing (Kenya)
- Well done! and Frosting on the well-done cake
- Update from companions in Chile
- Hand in Hand hospitality (Argentina)
- Mission congregation sponsors a missionary (Epiphany Lutheran, Eagle Lake, Minn.)
- Cards bring it home for the holidays (Operation Thanks-Giving)
- Viking blog (Ghana)
- Nov 9: Stand up for the fall (Berlin)
- At home with Holden Evening Prayer (Japan)
- Daily bread questions and challenges (South Africa)
- You can do this! (Slovakia)
- Spontaneous love (Walnut Hill Lutheran, Dallas, Texas and Capron Lutheran, Capron, Ill.)
- West Bank YAGM team plants trees
It’s free and easy to join the 117 subscribers who automatically receive new posts by e-mail. Find the subscribe box in the upper-right corner of https://blogs.elca.org/handinhand. Thanks to all who forward favorite posts by e-mail, Facebook. and tweet. Sharing these stories help us connect, hand in hand, with global and local companions in world-wide ministry.
The Hand in Hand Blog Digest exists to lift up the ministries of ELCA missionaries and their local and global companions. Considering making a gift donation to ELCA Missionary Sponsorship in honor of a special anniversary, event or person in your life. You can give through your congregation (write “ELCA Missionary Sponsorship” on the memo line of your check), by phone (800-638-3522), online, or by mailing a check to ELCA Missionary Sponsorship, 8765 W. Higgins Road, Chicago, IL 60631. E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to request a tribute card to announce your special gift.
Thanks for your hand in the Hand in Hand Blog digest!
Sue Edison-Swift is associate director for ELCA Global Mission Support and the HiHBD Queen.