Last week I wrote about water, and how I had been unusually conscious of it recently. Hence it was ironic that I opened a publication from the Unitarian Universalist Service Committee a few days ago that asked a series of questions about my water awareness. I could answer some of them, but not all. How about you?
- Where does you water come from?
- Is your water safe?
- Who makes decisions about the water in your community?
- Does everyone pay the same for water and sewage in your community?
- What happens in your community if a family cannot pay its water bill?
- Does your water or sewage provider have a plan for emergencies or rationing due to climate change?
If you know the answers, are you comfortable with them?