The application period for 2022 ELCA World Hunger Education and Networking Grants are NOW OPEN.
Hunger Education and Networking Grants are one of the ways ELCA World Hunger accompanies congregations, synods, organizations, partners and local teams throughout the US and the Caribbean. We know that learning about the root causes of hunger and effective responses is key to ending hunger locally and globally. That’s why we are excited to share that our application for ELCA World Hunger Education and Networking Grants is now open!
ELCA World Hunger Education and Networking Grants support work that:
- educates and engages ELCA congregations, groups, and/or synods;
- provides leadership development for people passionate about ending hunger;
- builds relationships locally, regionally and nationally; and
- equips ELCA members and neighbors to work toward a just world where all are fed.
- ELCA Wolrd Hunger VBS programs
Previous grantees have included:
- synod-wide bike rides to promote hunger awareness;
- service learning events for youth and young adults;
- online and in-person workshops;
- community organizing training;
- creation of new resources to help participants learn about hunger; and
- local research projects to help others learn more about hunger, health, and housing in their community.
The work of grantees in the past has focused on a wide variety of areas, including climate change and sustainability, housing security, racial justice, worker justice, reducing food waste and economic justice.
To be eligible for an ELCA World Hunger Education and Networking Grant, proposals must be:
- received through the ELCA’s online Grantmaker portal by May 31st
- submitted by a 501(c)3 tax-exempt organization;
- focused on education, engagement, and networking toward a just world where all are fed; and
- consistent with ELCA World Hunger’s values and priorities (https://elca.org/domestichungergrants).
Interested in funding to host an ELCA World Hunger Vacation Bible School? Subscribe to the ELCA World Hunger blog on the left side of the screen or join the community-led ELCA World Hunger VBS Facebook group to get updates when the application opens!
How to Apply
Applicants must pre-register on ELCA GrantMaker in order to access the grant application. Approval of registration may take up to ten business days, so register now at ELCA.org/grants, and submit your application by May 31, 2022.
For more information see the full request for proposal here: 2022 Education and Networking Grants Announcement_Full
If you have any questions, please email Ryan Cumming, program director for hunger education, at Ryan.Cumming@elca.org or firstname.lastname@example.org