The application period for 2021 ELCA World Hunger Education and Networking Grants is now closed.
Hunger Education and Networking Grants are one of the ways ELCA World Hunger accompanies congregations, synods, organizations, partners and local teams throughout the US and the Caribbean. We know that learning about the root causes of hunger and effective responses is key to ending hunger locally and globally. That’s why we are excited to share that our application for ELCA World Hunger Education and Networking Grants is now open!
ELCA World Hunger Education and Networking Grants support work that
- educates and engages ELCA congregations, groups, and/or synods;
- provides leadership development for people passionate about ending hunger;
- builds relationships locally, regionally and nationally; and
- equips ELCA members and neighbors to work toward a just world where all are fed.
Previous grantees have included:
- synod-wide bike rides to promote hunger awareness;
- service learning events for youth and young adults;
- online and in-person workshops;
- community organizing training;
- creation of new resources to help participants learn about hunger; and
- local research projects to help others learn more about hunger, health and housing in their community.
The work of grantees in the past has focused on a wide variety of areas, including climate change and sustainability, housing security, racial justice, worker justice, reducing food waste and economic justice.
To be eligible for an ELCA World Hunger Education and Networking Grant, proposals must be:
- received through the ELCA’s online Grantmaker portal;
- submitted by a 501(c)3 tax-exempt organization;
- focused on education, engagement and networking toward a just world where all are fed; and
- consistent with ELCA World Hunger’s values and priorities (https://elca.org/domestichungergrants).
If you are interested in applying, you can pre-register on ELCA GrantMaker to access the grant application. Approval of registration may take up to ten business days, so register now at ELCA.org/grants, and submit your application by December 1, 2021.
If you have any questions, please email Ryan Cumming, program director for hunger education, at Ryan.Cumming@elca.org.