Fall is an exciting season for events! We recently featured the upcoming Region 6 ELCA Networks for Mission Event on this blog. This week, Region 3 gets the spotlight. If you are living in Minnesota, North Dakota or South Dakota, this event is for you!
The Region 3 Networks for Mission Event will focus on the theme We are Church Together and will feature Presiding Bishop Elizabeth Eaton as keynote presenter.
The event will take place from November 13-15, 2014 in St. Cloud, Minnesota. On-site check-in will open at 4:00pm on Thursday and the event will conclude at 3:00pm on Saturday. The event will be at Holiday Inn and Suites on Thursday and Friday, and will move to Bethlehem Lutheran Church on Saturday.
Through large group sessions, skill workshops and strategic sharing with participating ELCA ministries and networks, you can return to your congregation and community re-energized and ready to better coordinate and collaborate for mission and ministry in the midst of a changing church.
Photo: Presiding Bishop Elizabeth Eaton, who will present a keynote speech at the Region 3 Networks for Mission Event
The Networks for Mission Event welcomes:
- Those who are looking for new ways to connect or reconnect with the ELCA and deepen their networks for ministry
- Those who want to learn more about the ministries of the ELCA and how their congregations can get involved
- Those who are interested in meeting others from their region and synod who are passionate about bearing witness to Jesus Christ in word and deed, ending hunger, responding to disasters, global engagement, communicating and sharing the story of the ELCA
There are three types of registrations available:
- $100 Full event registration. Includes onsite meals, lodging (standard double occupancy) and programming. Single room accommodations are available for an additional fee. Register with credit card payment online or register by phone.
- $50 Commuter registration. Includes onsite meals (except breakfast) and programming expenses for all three days of the event. Register with credit card payment online or register by phone.
- $25 Saturday-only registration. Includes lunch onsite and programming expenses. Register with credit card payment online or register by phone.
The following ministry networks are participating:
- ELCA World Hunger Leaders/ELCA Malaria Campaign Coordinators
- Synod and Congregational Communicators
- Mission Interpreters and Mission Interpreter Coordinators
- Lutheran Disaster Response Coordinators and Volunteers
- ELCA Global Mission — Companion Synods
If you would like to attend, register now for the Region 3 ELCA Networks for Mission Event. To be guaranteed a hotel room, please register before October 20, 2014. If you are not in need of overnight accommodations, general registration will remain open until November 7, 2014. For more information, please contact NetworkEvent@elca.org.
We are Church Together.
“…we, who are many, are one body in Christ, and individually we are members one of another.” (Romans 12: 4-5)