ELCA World Hunger staff and associates write about root causes of hunger, current events, and anything else they find pertinent.
Watch out, New Orleans and ELCA Youth Gathering—Biking Bishops coming through! Earlier in the spring, a small group of ELCA World Hunger staff members attended an introductory community organizing event here in Illinois. At this event, we had the pleasure of making many great acquaintances, but this post is about Bishop Jeff Barrow.
Bishop Barrow is bishop of the Greater Milwaukee Synod of the ELCA, but you know what else? Bishop Barrow is a father, a husband, a baseball lover and a dog owner. He’s a real guy doing real work, because he’s called to it. We met Bishop Barrow in passing at the event, and then had the chance to share lunch with him. We wanted to learn more about him, but in the end, he ended up learning a lot about our stories, too. We’ve been Facebook friends ever since!
- Bishop Jeff Barrow, Greater Milwaukee Synod
- Bishop Chris Boerger, Northwest Washington Synod
- Bishop Len Bolick, North Carolina Synod
- Bishop David Brauer-Rieke, Oregon Synod
- Bishop Michael Burk, Southeastern Iowa Synod
- Bishop Jessica Crist, Montana Synod
- Bishop Bob Driesen, Upper Susquehanna Synod
- Bishop Ralph Dunkin, West Virginia-Western Maryland Synod
- Biship Elizabeth Eaton, Northeastern Ohio Synod
- Bishop Murray Finck, Pacifica Synod
- Bishop Bill Gafkjen, Indiana-Kentucky Synod
- Bishop Michael Girlinghouse, Arkansas-Oklahoma Synod
- Bishop Julian Gordy, Southeastern Synod
- Presiding Bishop Mark Hanson, ELCA
- Bishop Gerald (Jerry) Mansholt, Central States Synod
- Bishop Mark Narum, Western North Dakota Synod
- Bishop Greg Pile, Allegheny Synod
- Bishop Peter Rogness, St. Paul Area Synod
- Bishop John Roth, Central/Southern-Illinois Synod
- Bishop John Schleicher, North/West Lower Michigan Synod
- Bishop Ray Tiemann, Southwestern Texas Synod
- Bishop Shelley Wickstrom, Alaska Synod
- Bishop Larry Wohlrabe, Northwestern Minnesota Synod
- Bishop David Zellmer, South Dakota Synod
Thanks, to all!
The best part of this story for me is that this is what our church is about. This is what networking is about. It’s about the relationships we make by sharing our stories with one another and inviting and encouraging each other—even in small ways—to keep up the good work.
Mikka serves as program director for constituent engagement and interpretation with ELCA World Hunger. To join the network and for more information on how you can get involved, write us at email@example.com.